Graduate Student Affiliates Policy
Updated December 3, 2015
The Program in Arms Control & Domestic and International Security (ACDIS) welcomes all University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign graduate students interested in arms control, domestic security, or international security to become ACDIS Graduate Student Affiliates.
ACDIS Graduate Student Affiliation Policy
- To join ACDIS, students must submit to firstname.lastname@example.org an ACDIS Graduate Student Affiliation Request Form, a CV, and a one-page letter of interest.
- Students must be in good standing with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Student research and/or teaching must demonstrate connection with arms control, domestic security, or international security.
- Upon joining, students will be affiliated with ACDIS until they have graduated from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign or request to leave the Program.
- Student profiles will be posted on the ACDIS webpage.
- Student emails will be included in ACDIS listservs.
- Students are encouraged to participate in ACDIS events, projects, and activities.
- Students are encouraged to give at least one ACDIS presentation during their time as Graduate Affiliates.
ACDIS Benefits for Graduate Student Affiliates
- Funding: Graduate Student Affiliates are eligible to apply for ACDIS scholarships and travel grants. These scholarships and grants are normally $500 and are activity or research specific.
- Publications: Graduate Student Affiliates may publish their work in ACDIS publications, including research papers, policy briefs, and opinion pieces.
- Presentations: Graduate Student Affiliates may present their work in ACDIS-sponsored events.
- Projects and Grant Coordination: Graduate Student Affiliates may use the ACDIS network and resources to organize projects and coordinate grants.
- Spotlight on Research: Graduate Student Affiliates have opportunities to showcase their research and activities on the ACDIS website.
Network and Interdisciplinary Research: Graduate Student Affiliates will join ACDIS’ network and listserv, and can contact other students and faculty at the University of Illinois who share similar research interests.