Click here for PDF
ACDIS Intern or ACDIS Graduate Assistant
Duration: April 16th, 2022 – May 15th, 2023 or May 15th, 2022 – May 15th, 2023 if you currently hold another appointment
Location: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Application: Please send a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript to email@example.com and CC firstname.lastname@example.org
The Program in Arms Control & Domestic and International Security (ACDIS) is an interdisciplinary venture at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign that facilitates objective research, academics, and outreach about international security issues within the academic and policymaking communities.
This position supports the ACDIS director in administrative functions related to budget, the certificate program, communication, and scholarly activities. The position also contributes to the course development of the GLBL/NPRE/PHY 580, a new course needed for the professional master program developed jointly by Global Studies, WGGP and ACDIS.
Job Duties and Percentages (adding up to 100%)
- Administer ACDIS security certificate: update course lists, correspond with certificate students, meet with prospective certificate students, promote and expand the certificate program, etc (10%)
- Track ACDIS accounts & budget: provide budget information to ACDIS director (5%)
- Manage schedule for ACDIS director (5%)
- Prepare grant proposals in collaboration with ACDIS director (5%)
- Maintain and update ACDIS webpage and other social media platforms (10%)
- Preparation of ACDIS fall and spring semester workshops: arranging for speakers, workshop site, travel and housing arrangements, promotion, webpage (10%)
- Assemble and distribute ACDIS newsletter (10%)
- Administrative support for ACDIS research and course development efforts (15%)
- Course development for GLBL/NPRE/PHYS 580 and PHYS/GLBL 280 (30%)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven organizational talents
- Ability to assume responsibility and to work independently with minimum guidance
- Knowledge of web publishing and the use of social media
- Bachelor’s degree
- Introductory familiarity with Geographic Information Systems
This position can be filled by an undergraduate student who has a proven work ethic or can be a 50% Graduate Assistantship for a graduate student. We hope to bring someone on in April so that there can be some overlap with the current ACDIS Graduate Assistant, but if you currently hold another assistantship, we can change the start date to Summer 2022. The appointment will be for a full academic year.