From 8:30 – 9:30 AM (drop-in), Sarah Bidgood and David Schmerler from the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) will be available to answer questions about current career opportuni
- Russian, Eastern European & Eurasian Center to host an event on WMD Nonproliferation and Arms ControlOn October 1st, the Russian, Eastern European & Eurasian Center, sponsored by LAS Global Studies, will be hosting an event on challenges, opportunities, and careers in nonproliferation and arms
- ACDIS is hosting our first annual lecture in memory of former director, Jeremiah Sullivan. This year, Dr.
- At the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, students simulated several reactions to a Korean Peninsula crisis in the 2020s.
- This workshop aims to probe what globalization really means in today’s Middle East, and how it is reflected in movements, peoples, cultures, art forms, and networks.
- In honor of two U of I alumnae, ACDIS will host a public symposium on the 80th Anniversary of World-War-II’s Nanjing Massacre.
- 11/09/2017 Speakers:
- For more information on the symposium, click
- Join us for a discussion that explores why there is famine in the 21st century and what is being done about it on April 20, 2017.
- Please join us for a seminar by Charles Geigner, Assistant Director of Privacy & IT Security Infrastructure, Privacy & Information Security at Tech Services, UIUC. April 18, 2017.
- Please join us for a seminar by Judith Pintar, Visiting Assistant Professor, Slavic Languages & Literature, UIUC. April 4, 2017.
- Please join us for a seminar by Dr. Clifford Singer, ACDIS Director, March 14, 2017.
- Please join us for a seminar by Dr. Öner Akgül, Faculty, Ahi Evran University of Kırşehir. Department of International Relations, Visiting Scholar, UIUC, On February 28, 2017.
- Please join us for a seminar by Professor Carol Skalnik Leff. Political Science, UIUC, on February 7, 2017.
- Join us for a discussion that explores the scientific, economic, and political implications of the possible shutdown of the Clinton and Quad Cities’ nuclear reactors on November 10, 2016.
- Wednesday, 3-6 PM November 2, 2016
- Is a new naval nuclear arms race with China inevitable? Please join Clifford Singer, Professor Emeritus NPRE and Political Science and ACDIS Director for the colloquium on September 21, 2016.
- 10/02/2014 Sponsored by: Program in Arms Control, Disarmament, and International Security (ACDIS), Center for Global Studies, and Center for South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- On March 29, 2012, His Excellency João Vale de Almeida, Ambassador and Head of the Europea
- On November 10, 2011, Claudia Gazzini, Visiting Profe
- The European Union Center and the Program in Arms Control, Disarmament, and International Security (ACDIS) Present the Fourth Annual Transatlantic Security Symposium 03/10/2011
- Hungary currently holds the rotating presidency of the Council of the European Union, and following tradition at the EU Center, Hungary’s Ambassador György Szapáry was invited to the United States
- 04/20/2005 Kori Schake, Lt. Col. Kurt Schake View the video here.
- Accountability and Compliance: New Institutions for Helping the Poor Get What They are Supposed to GetWerner Kiene, World Bank Inspection Panel Member Organization: ACDIS 03/04/2005